Jesus Christ, My Foundation




This is a belated post. I wrote this April 20, 2014.
It is Easter Sunday and I am thinking about Jesus this morning in a brief quiet moment before the kids get up. At the Umbrell house we do the Easter basket thing on Saturday and the kids have always known that it is their parents that hide the baskets and all the goodies and eggs. Grammy and Grandpa joined us last night to watch the hunt. This little family tradition helps us focus only on the Savior on Easter Sunday. My kids have never believed in the Easter Bunny. To some, we might seem like terrible, un-child like, rude parents for never letting our kids believe in the Easter Bunny. I see nothing wrong with this child belief, it just wasn't for us. When my kids were really little but big enough to start to believe, I just couldn't put the two together-Bunny and Christ's resurrection. Even when I thought about Spring and renewal and re-birth, I just couldn't see where the Bunny fit. :) So, that is how our Saturday celebration came to be. My knowledge that Jesus Christ lives, runs very deep. It is the core of who I am. I gained this knowledge young when I was a child, through a particular incident in my life. I'm grateful to have lived most of my life with this deep strong foundation. My testimony seems to go in ups and downs in strength, but my foundation never changes. My knowledge of Christ is the one thing that is ever constant in my life. There are many scriptures that talk of Christ, I have come to know that the scriptures are the true Word of God. In them I have learned about Christ and His doctrine. This scripture is one of my favorites because I feel like I am living proof of the truthfulness of this scripture.
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." (Helaman 5:12)
I have weathered some storms in life, and I'm sure there will be more to come, but this scripture helps me stay positive. My foundation keeps me from straying too far off the path. My foundation is a light amidst any darkness I am feeling. My foundation keeps me constantly in touch with Heavenly Father. My foundation keeps me less weighed down with burdens. My foundation keep me free. My foundation is Christ. I know He lives. Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fine Tuning a Listening Ear

"If we acknowledge Him now, He will lovingly acknowledge and gladly admit us then!”

Friendship