When Heaven and Earth Align

(Taken by my talented mother-I am forever grateful to her for capturing such moments)

As previously mentioned, I believe in magic. I also believe that when we recognize magic in our lives then we have seen the hand of God working in our favor. The tricky part is slowing down enough to make note of such times and to take what God intended from these moments and learn from them.
I am grateful to the Father for teaching me in ways that I best understand what is given.

From the very beginning, Father Adam was commanded to “call upon God in the name of the Son forevermore” (Moses 5:8).
Men and women of integrity, character, and purpose have ever recognized a power higher than themselves and have sought through prayer to be guided by such power. Such has it ever been. So shall it ever be.
Well might the younger generation ask, “But what about today? Does he still hear? Does he continue to answer?” To which I promptly reply: “There is no expiration date on the Lord’s injunction to pray. As we remember him, he will remember us.”President Thomas S. Monson

I have felt and experienced the truthfulness of these words. Having received at a very young age my knowledge of Jesus Christ our Savior, I do not doubt in the existence of a higher being. I have read the scriptures and believe what is taught in them. I have experimented with their teachings and have only ever benefited from doing so. When I am tempted to leave behind all that I have been taught, it is this sure knowledge and foundation that keeps me anchored in the world of turmoil and strife. God does indeed hear our prayers and He will answer them. The most magical of all moments I have experienced is when I have felt that my prayers, whether they be for my benefit or another's, have come in alignment with God's will. There is almost a quiet yet tangible shift in the world. I am grateful for these few times when I once again am given the reminding knowledge that God is there. The world may indeed be positively affected by one faithful mortal on his or her knees. There is power in prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fine Tuning a Listening Ear

"If we acknowledge Him now, He will lovingly acknowledge and gladly admit us then!”

Spiritual Anesthesia