Have some of life's experiences taken from you a believing heart?




The definition of the word believe: to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so.
It is my belief that we come to this earth with a believing heart. Then through life's experiences a hardening takes place. For some this happens early in life. For others, including myself, it happens a little at a time as life fills up with stuff. Stuff that may include unnecessary things as well as good and right things such as children.
Since this is my journey, I'll tell of that which applies to me in hopes it applies to others as well.
As a young mother my heart was very believing. It was at this time that my testimony of the gospel was solidified. I chose to stay home when my first was born. She was such a great baby. She followed a sleeping and eating schedule to a "t". This left me free time which I could spend studying the scriptures and reading words from the leaders of my church. What a reservoir of faith and knowledge I filled up! Looking back, this devotion to study is what kept my heart open, soft, and receptive to God and His Son, Jesus Christ.
Time passed and 3 more children joined our family. Free time diminished and energy depleted. I tapped into that spiritual reservoir time and time again. How it saved me!
Then, I think it ran out. It seems that I feel the need to brace my heart more often so it can withstand any blows that come my way. Especially with children growing and gaining their own opinions and desires of what they should do. I say to my husband often, "it used to be easier when they were tiny". Yes it was a lot of physical work to care for them, but it seemed less emotionally and mentally taxing. He does not share my opinion. His confidence in parenting older children is much higher than mine. But then again, perhaps he has a better reserve of faith to tap into right now. He is always constant in his prayer and scripture study. Well, it seems I needed to tap once again into my faith reservoir but it was depleted. So, here I am. Filling it back up and trying to understand with my heart and mind as I do so.
Today's scripture that touched my heart is found in Romans chapter 5 verse 1: "...being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
Getting to the point, because the kids are calling me, who in this world does not seek peace? Especially peace with God, the father of our spirits. It seems to me that this scripture teaches that my part is faith. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and faith in all that he has done for me. Through Jesus, having such faith will enrich my relationship with God. When we are at peace with God then I believe we are at peace with ourselves and those around us.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fine Tuning a Listening Ear

"If we acknowledge Him now, He will lovingly acknowledge and gladly admit us then!”

Friendship