The Straight and Narrow Path




Isn't that a great picture! I wish I could say I have walked where this was taken. Since I am not a photographer or much of a traveler, I get to view such beauty from another thanks to Google.
1 Nephi 8 The vision of the Tree of Life and the iron rod running alongside the straight and narrow path. At times my path in life may be just as beautiful and awe inspiring as the photo above, if I choose to look up from the dusty trail.



Other times the trail I tread is barren, rough in terrain and made increasingly difficult with stumbling blocks along the way.



Then there are the times when the path is darkened and may require entrance into the unknown.
Jesus Christ taught that He is the only path or “the way” that will lead to the Father (see John 14:6). Elder Lowell M. Snow of the Seventy testified of the constant direction the Savior provides:
“Life is full of many intersecting roads and trails. There are so many paths to follow, so many voices calling out ‘lo, here’ or ‘lo, there’ [ Joseph Smith—History 1:5]. There is such a variety and volume of media flooding our personal space, most of it intent on herding us down a path that is broad and traveled by many." In reading this quote I could see in my minds eye a wide, dusty road with many distracted travelers. Elder Snow continues,
“My witness to you is that Jesus Christ continues to mark the path, lead the way, and define every point on our journey. His path is strait and narrow and leads toward ‘light and life and endless day’ [Hymns, no. 195]” (in Conference Report, Oct. 2005, 100; or Ensign, Nov. 2005, 96).
I know Jesus Christ lives. He continues to bless lives just as he did when He walked the earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fine Tuning a Listening Ear

"If we acknowledge Him now, He will lovingly acknowledge and gladly admit us then!”

Spiritual Anesthesia